Sunday, March 26, 2006

So I can find these quotes later....

I'll put them here. I find them inspiring to the new project.



I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-- Galileo Galilei

You will find that the State is the kind of organization which, though
it does big things badly, does small things badly, too.
-- John Kenneth Galbraith

I improve on misquotation.
-- Cary Grant

Every nation ridicules other nations, and all are right.
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

Today at church, we had a guest speaker, a fellow from Dallas Theological Seminary who wrote an Anti-Da Vinci code book. He was a great speaker, and it was quite lovely to be treated like a grown up with a working brain at church again. It's been awhile. But in the back of my mind, the whole time, I was a bit envious of Dan Brown. How cool it would be to write a book that caused that much backwash! De-bunking his book has become a cottage industry for the Christian press, on top of the movie, the books, the coffee table editions with the Renassaince art, etc. Dr. Bock talked about how Brown changed his website and intros to go from saying he believed it to all be true, to a more moderate stance. The man may be a liar or not, but he is a marketing whiz.

No comments: