Friday, March 24, 2006

Red plus Blue equals Purple...

I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican
friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we
will stop telling the truth about them.
-- Adlai E. Stevenson Jr., Speech during 1952 Presidential
Campaign

Sure there are dishonest men in local government. But there are
dishonest men in national government too.
-- Richard M. Nixon

At least we know, there has ALWAYS been a gap between the R's and the D's. I mean, sure it might get wider now and then, but I'm starting to think that W's right, he may become a unifying factor after all. By the next election cycle, we might all be very afraid of the man and his staff. It's no so much the basic, the conservatism etc, but the imperialism that bothers me. They seem to have the line down, "We're from the government, we're here to help." I'd love to somehow make this into some kind of warped, modern version of the Brothers Karamazov. You have the whole Inquistion, which can be our little wire tap thing, and all kinds of other, "People don't want to be free, they want to be secure thing." Of course, it would help if I would reread the Brothers. Put that one on the summer todo list.

Getting the modern information isn't so much a problem. But a modern retelling would be a fun project. The brothers Bush, and it would be about W and Jeb. I'm starting to really like the idea, actually. I might start actually making some notes about it. Start some free writing, that kind of thing.

Of course I know that this blog is SO durn popular that some famous author could come take my idea and make it his own. Stay away, Dan Brown. I know you're out there.

No comments: