Monday, August 14, 2006

My name is Crafty Peaches and I am a Web Newsletter Junkie....

They say the first step is to admit you have a problem. Well, I probably get about twenty different webbased newsletters. A week. Sure, not too bad, but I get them from both sides of the political aisle as well as several from Australia and India. Must say, the one from India is most polite.

Today, I got the Townhall.com newsletter's take on the "foiled terroist attack." (I must apologize, I do not have the funds available to come up with a logo and themesong every time the country is "under attack." ) There was about a two hundred and fifty word commentary on the author's opinion that we are strengthening the terrorists and "we in this country will have learned nothing from this near-horrific episode if we fail to strengthen our resolve to win the war on terrorism." Yeah, whatever.

Here's what gets me, the fine print at the bottom:

"Townhall.com Commentaries go past today's headlines to give you concise and penetrating insight into the most pressing challenges facing our culture today. These commentaries cover everything from politics to popular culture, from faith to international relations and family values to the progress of the war on terrorism."

Will somebody please explain to me how you can give penetrating insight in less than five hundred words of something so complex as international relations and terrorism?? Concise, sure, but enough information to form personal opinions? This seems to be a case of not "here's what I think" , but rather, "Here is what you should think, today."

No comments: